- E-cig have the potential to benefit adult smokers who are not pregnant if used as a complete substitute for regular cig and other smoked tobacc products.
- E-cig are not safe for youth, young adults, pregnant women, as well as adults who do not currently use tobacc products.
- While e-cigs have the potential to benefit some people and harm others, scientists still have a lot to learn about whether e-cigs are effective in helping adults quit smoking.
- If you’ve never smoked or used other tobacc products or e-cigs, don’t start.
- Additional research can help understand long-term health effects.